normal protein-membrane (POPG) interaction

• busato
  • busato's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 1 month ago #4475 by busato
protein-membrane (POPG) interaction was created by busato
Dear User,

I am a new user of Martini ff, I simulated the interaction between a protein and membrane.

First, I am interested to know which aminoacids are involved in the interaction with the membrane along my trajectory. (for example which aa are within of 0.6 nm from the surface of the membrane).

Are there any scripts or tools to perform this kind of analysis?

Second, I would like to know the limit of distance of a acceptable salt bridge interaction in Martini ff.

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Mirko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4476 by Clement
Replied by Clement on topic protein-membrane (POPG) interaction

I am a new user of Martini ff, I simulated the interaction between a protein and membrane.

Welcome Mirko!

First, I am interested to know which aminoacids are involved in the interaction with the membrane along my trajectory. (for example which aa are within of 0.6 nm from the surface of the membrane).

Are there any scripts or tools to perform this kind of analysis?

I'd check g_select, included in the Gromacs package. Syntax very comprehensible.

Second, I would like to know the limit of distance of a acceptable salt bridge interaction in Martini ff.

For that one... If by salt bridge you mean hydrogen bonding, remember you're dealing with CG here, and not such things exist... What do you want to check/quantify/measure exactly?

• busato
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 1 month ago #4477 by busato
Replied by busato on topic protein-membrane (POPG) interaction
Thank you for your reply,

Yes I checked g_selected and I also found a command g_mindist.

Yes, you are right, Infact now I have performed a map of contact between protein (aa) and membrane (cutoff 0.4 nm).

1)I would like to find a way to quantify and understand the possible interactions and the type of interaction.

2)What interactions can I study in Martini ff? and What rules these interactions have to follow (distances, angles ..)?

Thank you very much,

Mirko

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4478 by Clement
Replied by Clement on topic protein-membrane (POPG) interaction

[...] map of contact between protein (aa) and membrane (cutoff 0.4 nm).

0.4 nm seems a bit too short to me... Remember Martini beads have an effective radius of 0.47 nm in average. I'd increase your cutoff to 0.7 nm at least, if not slightly more.

[...] quantify and understand the possible interactions and the type of interaction.

Well... There I'd need more information about what you mean by that. Martini defined non-bonded interactions are van der Waals and electrostatic, but hydrophobic interactions can be observed equally. What do you want to analyze exactly?

What interactions can I study in Martini ff? and What rules these interactions have to follow (distances, angles ..)?

There again I need more precisions. Isn't this question a bit similar to your previous one? At least I understand it this way.

EDIT: I guess you want to check things in a similar way as hydrogen bonds or something. Directivity, distance, angle, ... defining if interaction there is. I think you have to define your proper rules in Martini if you really need them. But remember you're dealing with a CG FF, and interactions loose most of their directivity as compared to AA simulations. You have to rethink the way of analyzing things, but it's more a simplification.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Clement.

• busato
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago #4529 by busato
Replied by busato on topic protein-membrane (POPG) interaction
Thank you very much,

I used in my analysis 0.7 nm (cut-off for the distance between protein and membrane) as you suggested me.

Can you suggest me some papers which I can find and read in detail about the Martini beads have an effective radius of 0.47 nm in average?

Thank you very much,

Mirko

More
8 years 11 months ago #4530 by helgi
Replied by helgi on topic protein-membrane (POPG) interaction
An effective radius of a MD bead/atom comes from it's van der waals interactions with other beads. The pick of 0.47 nm for Martini is discussed in the original Martini papers:

S.J. Marrink, H.J. Risselada, S. Yefimov, D.P. Tieleman, A.H. de Vries. The MARTINI forcefield: coarse grained model for biomolecular simulations. JPC-B, 111:7812-7824, 2007.

S.J. Marrink, A.H. de Vries, A.E. Mark. Coarse grained model for semi-quantitative lipid simulations. JPC-B, 108:750-760, 2004

Cheers,
- Helgi

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds