normal Can the simulated temperature be set to 560 K?

• Hot
  • Hot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
4 years 10 months ago #8149 by Hot
I want to simulate the melting state of the polymer, and I need to set 560K. I wonder if I can set such a high temperature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #8150 by fgrunewald
Replied by fgrunewald on topic Can the simulated temperature be set to 560 K?
Hi,

In principle yes. Although at these high temperatures you might experience instability. In that case you'll need to reduce the time-step. You should also always keep in mind that MARTINI models are designed to work at around room temperature. There is no guarantee that they will give correct properties at elevated temperatures. However, there are polymers that are fine at high temperatures for instance MARTINI2 PS.

More
4 years 10 months ago #8151 by riccardo
Replied by riccardo on topic Can the simulated temperature be set to 560 K?
I agree with what Fabian wrote. You may be able to qualitatively capture effects upon thermal annealing (see, for example, pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jacs.6b11717 ) but since the Martini model has not been parametrized to reproduce temperature dependencies do not expect any quantitative agreement. Regarding the numerical instabilities Fabian was referring to, in my experience the P3HT model is also quite numerically stable w.r.t. temperature. I would also say that it is always good practice to increase the temperature smoothly - that is, do not jump from 298 K to 560 K from one frame to the next.

• Hot
  • Visitor
4 years 10 months ago #8153 by Hot
Thank you for your answer. I will try it.

• Hot
  • Visitor
4 years 10 months ago #8154 by Hot
Thank you.
I will read this literature carefully and try to increase the temperature smoothly.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds