normal Martini box with gas soluted

• dudziu
  • dudziu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
2 years 4 months ago #9270 by dudziu
Martini box with gas soluted was created by dudziu
Hello,

I need to create a box, which will contain a Martini model of a protein, water and 2 types of gas (CO2 and O2) solvated.
How do I create such a box?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9271 by xavier
Replied by xavier on topic Martini box with gas soluted
Hi,

Sounds an interesting idea :)). It shouldn’t be too difficult to put a protein in a box with “vacuum” and/or fill up the space with “gas”.

At this point the real question is how you plan to model the gas? What is their density, isolated and in mixture?

Have you already started to simulate the gas themselves. It sounds like a good start. I am not aware of gas models in Martin-X.

• dudziu
  • dudziu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
2 years 4 months ago #9272 by dudziu
Replied by dudziu on topic Martini box with gas soluted
Yes, modelling a gas molecule is an issue. I know the parameters of a coarse-grain Lennard-Jones 12-6 Force Field of CO2 and O2. They are made of a single bead. Is there a way to create a new bead type in Martini using parameters of a coarse-grain Lennard-Jones 12-6 Force Field?

More
2 years 4 months ago #9273 by xavier
Replied by xavier on topic Martini box with gas soluted
Well, it seems you have the solution. Martini has mainly LJ potential between particles, so it should go fine.

You want to look at the definitions of particles and copy an existing one I to your gas. It might get tricky when you mix the gas with other types but if LJ particles, it should go fine.

Gas particles might become popular. I honestly thought that gaz densities were way too deficit to reproduce.

Good luck.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds