normal accuracy of dspc results

• Lindén
  • Lindén's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
12 years 3 months ago #889 by Lindén
accuracy of dspc results was created by Lindén
Hi!

Being a martini (and gromacs) newbie about halfway through the tutorial, I have a question about agreement with experimental bilayer data for DSPC. Basically, should I be worried about 10-15% disagreement compared to the data in the Balgavý paper?

Experimental values for DSPC at 333K:
thickness 5.0 nm, area per lipid 0.65 nm^2

My simulated values (after bilayer formation, 15 ns equilibration, and 15 ns production run) at 333K
thickness 4.3 nm (15% too low), area per lipid 0.71 nm^2 (10% too high).

Is this a reasonable agreement, or a sign that I did something wrong?

Sincerely,

Martin Lindén

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #891 by xavier
Replied by xavier on topic accuracy of dspc results
The disagreement is rather large but your simulations are rather small! To obtain a reasonably equilibrated values you'd have to go up to 100-200 ns. The agreement should be a bit better.

Lindén wrote: Hi!

Being a martini (and gromacs) newbie about halfway through the tutorial, I have a question about agreement with experimental bilayer data for DSPC. Basically, should I be worried about 10-15% disagreement compared to the data in the Balgavý paper?

Experimental values for DSPC at 333K:
thickness 5.0 nm, area per lipid 0.65 nm^2

My simulated values (after bilayer formation, 15 ns equilibration, and 15 ns production run) at 333K
thickness 4.3 nm (15% too low), area per lipid 0.71 nm^2 (10% too high).

Is this a reasonable agreement, or a sign that I did something wrong?

Sincerely,

Martin Lindén

• Lindén
  • Lindén's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
12 years 3 months ago #893 by Lindén
Replied by Lindén on topic accuracy of dspc results
Ah, sorry for bothering you with badly converged data. With 300 ns, I get thickness 4.66 +- 6e-5 nm (6% low) and 0.66 pm 6e-5 nm^2/lipid (1.5% high).

Is that more like the expected agreement?

(Area per lipid was computed as the average xy-area/64 pm bootstrap stderr, and the thickness by fitting two Gaussians to the density histogram of P* atoms, i.e., no attempt at electron density).

Best,

Martin

More
12 years 3 months ago #895 by xavier
Replied by xavier on topic accuracy of dspc results
Sounds pretty good to me :))

Have fun further.

Lindén wrote: Ah, sorry for bothering you with badly converged data. With 300 ns, I get thickness 4.66 +- 6e-5 nm (6% low) and 0.66 pm 6e-5 nm^2/lipid (1.5% high).

Is that more like the expected agreement?

(Area per lipid was computed as the average xy-area/64 pm bootstrap stderr, and the thickness by fitting two Gaussians to the density histogram of P* atoms, i.e., no attempt at electron density).

Best,

Martin

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds