normal Change DSPC to POPC lipid

• thu nguyen
  • thu nguyen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1396 by thu nguyen
Change DSPC to POPC lipid was created by thu nguyen
Dear all,

I want to change my DSPC bilayer to POPC bilayer. I saw the guiding for changing DSPC to DOPC in tutorial. But DSPC and DOPC have the same number of atom. While POPC has one atom less than DSPC. What should i do in this case ?

Thankful for any advice !
Regards,
KT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1397 by djurre
Replied by djurre on topic Change DSPC to POPC lipid
Remove the surplus beads from you gro file. Either by hand or using a smart grep command.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1422 by sudel
Replied by sudel on topic Change DSPC to POPC lipid
Hi All,

How to do reverse i,e POPC to DSPC? In my case, I want to convert DPPC to DOPC. These two lipids are differed by two beads. However, DPPC has 2 bead smaller than DOPC. Moreover, I wish to convert a .gro file of DPPC to .gro file of DOPC where the number of water and ions will remain same for these two systems.

sudel

More
11 years 1 month ago #1423 by djurre
I can't think of a fast and easy way to do this. I would probably write a script that moves all the lipids in one monolayer up/down in order to create a gap and than add the extra beads at geometric positions in between. The water can be added back afterwards, making sure the number of waters is the same with genbox.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1425 by sudel
How to add the water molecules exactly by genbox. Can you please specify it.

Another thing, I have prepared a big box by replicating a small box in x and y direction using genconf. However, it does not arrange the lipids and water molecule. Is there any gromacs tool that does it very easily?

How do I add ions in that system by using gromacs tool?

More
11 years 1 month ago #1426 by djurre

sudel wrote: How to add the water molecules exactly by genbox. Can you please specify it.

Tutorial 1A. Do set the new box size (-box) in order to get a proper new box size.

sudel wrote: Another thing, I have prepared a big box by replicating a small box in x and y direction using genconf. However, it does not arrange the lipids and water molecule. Is there any gromacs tool that does it very easily?

You can use g_select/make_ndx + trjconv, but it is probably faster to use grep:
head -2 OLD.gro > new.gro
grep DOPC OLD.gro >> new.gro
grep W OLD.gro >> new.gro
tail -1 OLD.gro > new.gro

and then adopt your top file accordingly.

sudel wrote: How do I add ions in that system by using gromacs tool?

Try:
genion -h

More
11 years 1 month ago #1428 by sudel
Somehow, I have managed a system that contain 1024 DOPC lipid, water and 0.15 (M) NaCl. I was getting the area per lipid for this system at around 70.0. However, the experimental value is 72.4. Can anyone provide a reference that contain this information for MARTINI DOPC lipid.

Sudel

More
11 years 1 month ago #1430 by xavier
Replied by xavier on topic Change DSPC to POPC lipid
Not sure what is the exact area per lipid for DOPC in MARTINI but 70.0 for a value of 72.4 is a rather good match.

Note that the [NaCl] will have an effect on the area/lipid.

sudel wrote: Somehow, I have managed a system that contain 1024 DOPC lipid, water and 0.15 (M) NaCl. I was getting the area per lipid for this system at around 70.0. However, the experimental value is 72.4. Can anyone provide a reference that contain this information for MARTINI DOPC lipid.

Sudel

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds