normal lipid droplet formation

• dariush
  • dariush's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
More
10 years 11 months ago #1660 by dariush
lipid droplet formation was created by dariush
I am trying to make a lipid droplet (large one r=20nm). I am dealing with large number of lipid (about 5000).
First, I have made core with triacylglycerols (TAG), then tried to add phospholipid (PL) step by step to cover core.
I can see some micelle of PL instead of monolayer around core. Since about 500 of lipids formed several micelles, I do not know what is the easiest way to make lipid droplet. I need enough PL to cover core totally.
Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dariush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #1665 by xavier
Replied by xavier on topic lipid droplet formation
It is not clear how to make a lipid droplet ... I imagine you are trying to form it by self assembly. Did you try to use a script to place the lipids in a droplet arrangement around your TAG molecules?

At some point we also had a setup to form vesicles using a spherical potential implemented in GROMACS. I am not sure this is still operational.

I guess placing the lipids around the TAGs suing a script would be the best to do.

dariush wrote: I am trying to make a lipid droplet (large one r=20nm). I am dealing with large number of lipid (about 5000).
First, I have made core with triacylglycerols (TAG), then tried to add phospholipid (PL) step by step to cover core.
I can see some micelle of PL instead of monolayer around core. Since about 500 of lipids formed several micelles, I do not know what is the easiest way to make lipid droplet. I need enough PL to cover core totally.
Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dariush

• dariush
  • dariush's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
More
10 years 10 months ago #1666 by dariush
Replied by dariush on topic lipid droplet formation
Thank you!
Yes, I tried self assembly.

I do not have any idea about the scripting to place PC around the TAG core.
If you have any script to arrange the molecules for MARTINI related to any system, can you share it with me.
I can modify it for this system.

Thank you so much in advance,
Dariush

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
10 years 10 months ago #1667 by xavier
Replied by xavier on topic lipid droplet formation
Well I do not personally have any of these scripts but I believe there is one to build vesicle. Actually writing script that position lipids in a sphere should not be so complicated.

dariush wrote: Thank you!
Yes, I tried self assembly.

I do not have any idea about the scripting to place PC around the TAG core.
If you have any script to arrange the molecules for MARTINI related to any system, can you share it with me.
I can modify it for this system.

Thank you so much in advance,
Dariush

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds