normal inconsistent topology in example applications for bilamellar DOPE?

• npokhrel
  • npokhrel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #7835 by npokhrel
Hi Martini World,
I am trying to reproduce a result related to Bi-lamellar DOPE system. The example application section here, provides a gro, mdp and top file. However, I noticed an inconsistency in the number of lipid beads that are used in the *top and the *gro file. It looks like the *gro file was build for a very early version of martini (not exactly sure which one). The reason I say that is because, DOPE has 14 beads instead of 12. Could anyone point me towards a DOPE topology with 14 beads? Or even better, provide me with an updated gro file that is in bilamellar phase?
Here is the link to the Bi-lamellar DOPE system, www.cgmartini.nl/index.php/example-appli...ons2/lipid-membranes .
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #7838 by bart
If you want to move on to a working system, I would follow the lipid bilayer tutorial on our webpage. It makes use of insane and allows you to generate most bilayers within a second. I'll take a look at the outdated example you are talking about, but for now the above suggested should get you where you want the quickest.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by bart.

More
5 years 5 months ago #7840 by riccardo
Not sure about the inconsistency but you can find the latest lipid parameters for a lot of lipids in the lipidome. Here's the page for DOPE:

www.cgmartini.nl/index.php/force-field-p...ml?dir=PE&lipid=DOPE

seems that the 'current' version is the one with 12.

• npokhrel
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #7841 by npokhrel
Thanks bart!

• npokhrel
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #7842 by npokhrel
Thanks Riccardo. With the old DOPE, which has 14 beads, I can run the example simulation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds