normal protein-CG

• smitha
  • smitha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 8 months ago #390 by smitha
protein-CG was created by smitha
I have a doubt regarding the CG for proteins (in my case peptide) . We have generated the local minimum conformations for a peptide with the given sequence and it is all atom based . I would like to do the CG model for the same . I came to know about the martini force field . I would like to apply the same . I have gone through the tutorial . I have tried in generating the initial CG file for the all atom file . I would like to know how the energy is calculated for a conformation . where is the program or one has to go with some other program . I saw only parameter generation file and it will be also helpful to me if i know the solvation and the energy of the total system .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #396 by xavier
Replied by xavier on topic protein-CG
The best for you would be to read the Martini paper on the extension to proteins. This would give you a precise idea of the different energy terms used to calculate the potential energy of the system.

Then the calculation itself is done most often through gromacs. You have to generate a topology and use the mdrun program to obtain an energy value for a conformation. Going through the various tutorials available on the web site would certainly help you in getting what you want.

XAvier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds