normal Martini Elendyn -p backbone question

• daniloboskovic
  • daniloboskovic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #8177 by daniloboskovic
Martini Elendyn -p backbone question was created by daniloboskovic
So i did "-p backbone" in my "martinize.py" command and equilibriated with restraints (hopefully) using "-r .tpr" file from my energy minimization output. Did it include the position restraints ? I only had the tpr file, the gro file and an itp file which was included in the top file so when i ran my commands i presume the restraints are inside the gro/tdp file already? The tutorial says that only the MDP file should be edited to include restraints from an external file but does not state whether i should use -r .tpr from energy minimisation or something else.

Output:

Reading file 01-em.tpr, VERSION 2018.7 (single precision)
The center of mass of the position restraint coord's is 7.865 7.922 3.708
The center of mass of the position restraint coord's is 7.865 7.922 3.708
Analysing residue names:
There are: 131 Protein residues
There are: 7227 Other residues
Analysing Protein...
Analysing residues not classified as Protein/DNA/RNA/Water and splitting into groups...
Number of degrees of freedom in T-Coupling group System is 22428.00
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by daniloboskovic. Reason: wrote tdp instead of tpr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #8209 by bart
Replied by bart on topic Martini Elendyn -p backbone question
The constraints are in the itp file. Either you have a separate constraint itp or they are inside the protein itp toggled by a wrapping if statement. The condition of the if statement in the itp is triggered by the value of a global variable which you can set in many ways, but most usually you specify it in the mdp file. I use the following line in the top of the mdp.

define = -DPOSRES

The actual if statement checks the POSRES, however if you specify a variable like this in an mdp you should prepend it with -D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds