normal Want to know how to create 3water:1cgwater beads

• maruthi
  • maruthi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 10 months ago #982 by maruthi
Hi all,
As a i am going through tutorial, there is one file named water-1bar-303K.gro file used solvate protein, actually this file contains 1 bead for one water molecule . I want to know how this file can be generated, is it by means of any script available or option in martini. Please suggest me a solution for this, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #983 by djurre
The file water-1bar-303K.gro contains normal Martini water: 1 bead for 4 water molecules. 3:1 and 1:1 mapping does not exist for Martini water.

• maruthi
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 10 months ago #985 by maruthi
Hello sir,
First of all let me thank you for a reply , but i want to know how to generate beads (4 water molecules : 1 bead). Is there any script to generate it, i want to generate water beads and solvate my protein using it. Can you please suggest me how to generate water beads.

Thanks &regards,
Mohan

More
11 years 10 months ago #986 by djurre
I'm not sure if I understand your question. You want to generate a file like "water-1bar-303K.gro" containing just water beads? Why not use the existing file then? You can also use the existing file (water-1bar-303K.gro) to get a bigger or smaller system of water, using genbox (genbox -cs water-1bar-303K.gro -box 20 20 20 -o big_water_box.gro).

If this doesn't help you, you should explain more clearly WHY you want to make a new box/file.

• maruthi
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 10 months ago #987 by maruthi
Hi ,
Sorry for not being clear , if i want to combine 4 water molecules as one bead ,did i need to write any script ? i dont want to use the above mentioned option,i want to generate water beads myself(by writing or using already written script) , how can i do that? Is there any script mentioned in martini. Can you suggest me a direction , on what factors does we take in to account for combining four water molecules to one bead.

Thank you,
Mohan

More
11 years 10 months ago #988 by djurre
I still don't understand what you want. If you you want to convert an atomistic water box to an Martini water box (eg bundling the waters), we don't really have a script for that. You could however read the following paper: "The CUMULUS Coarse Graining Method: Transferable Potentials for Water and Solutes", Van Hoof et al., 2011.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds