normal Regarding mapping of resonance molecules

• satnamphysics
  • satnamphysics's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #3042 by satnamphysics
Regarding mapping of resonance molecules was created by satnamphysics
Dear All ,
I have to map a molecule( alpha-tocopherol) to martini coarse grained format . But that molecule have other structure also. I have problem how to map it.. Thanks in advance...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3065 by siewert
Replied by siewert on topic Regarding mapping of resonance molecules
The following publication might be helpful, it contains a Martini model for vitamin E:

Tuning Membrane Phase Separation Using Nonlipid Amphiphiles
Author(s): Muddana, Hari S.; Chiang, Homer H.; Butler, Peter J.
Source: BIOPHYSICAL JOURNAL Volume: 102 Issue: 3 Pages: 489-497 DOI: 10.1016/j.bpj.2011.12.033 Published: FEB 8 2012

• satnamphysics
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #3173 by satnamphysics
Replied by satnamphysics on topic Regarding mapping of resonance molecules
Hi siewert,
First I want to say thanks to you. I have mapped my molecule into coarse grained structure file successfully by using VMD. I got .top file from VMD also. Now I have to create topology(.itp) for that molecule. Kindly help me to create it or conversion of .top to .itp.
Thanks in advance..

More
10 years 4 months ago #3175 by siewert
Replied by siewert on topic Regarding mapping of resonance molecules
The itp you will have to create by hand - you can look at example itp files on the Download section to see how such a file should look like. The required parameters (particle types, definition of bonded parameters) you can base on the publication I referenced in my previous reply.

See also the Tutorial pages where we describe in detail how to create new topologies from scratch!

Good luck ..

• satnamphysics
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #3223 by satnamphysics
Replied by satnamphysics on topic Regarding mapping of resonance molecules
Hi Siewert,
Now I am going to create topology for tocopherol. But in the FQA about topology it is written that we have to take bond length .47nm and and force constant is 1250KJ/mol nm^2 .
A standard force constant of K =25 kJ mol-1 with an equilibrium bond angle φ = 180^0. I have also checked topology of DPPC(which is downloaded from this site ) is all standard(180 or 120) values are use. But the angles of the atoms are different.I could not understand why I have to use these values only even my bond length is different . Please explain. Thanks in advance....

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds