normal Membrane protein complex

• Rajat Desikan
  • Rajat Desikan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
More
12 years 4 months ago #857 by Rajat Desikan
Membrane protein complex was created by Rajat Desikan
Hi
I have a POPC membrane protein complex. Does using the martinize.py in general give the topology file for the whole protein-membrane system or just the protein. And I didn't find a structure for POPC (though I found forcefield parameters). So, how do I go about this? Take the POPE bilayer, replace PE by PC and then equilibrate? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #858 by jantunes
Replied by jantunes on topic Membrane protein complex
Hey,

Martinize.py just gives the topology for the protein.

Probably that is the best way, like it says in http://md.chem.rug.nl/cgmartini/index.php/tutorial/different-bilayers .

Cumps

More
12 years 4 months ago #877 by xavier
Replied by xavier on topic Membrane protein complex

Rajat Desikan wrote: Hi
I have a POPC membrane protein complex. Does using the martinize.py in general give the topology file for the whole protein-membrane system or just the protein. And I didn't find a structure for POPC (though I found forcefield parameters). So, how do I go about this? Take the POPE bilayer, replace PE by PC and then equilibrate? Thanks

Did you sort things out? You could optain aPOPE membrane in the manner you describe indeed and the lipid and protein topologies should be made separately.

• Rajat Desikan
  • Rajat Desikan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
More
12 years 4 months ago #879 by Rajat Desikan
Replied by Rajat Desikan on topic Membrane protein complex
yeah, sort of :)
I managed to obtain a POPC membrane...however, I am yet to energy minimize and equilibrate it...i will keep you posted on the development...thanks a lot :)

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds