normal Mutating residues in martini forcefield

• rcorey
  • rcorey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #4562 by rcorey
Hello

Does anyone know of a program (GUI or command line) which is able to take a martini protein model and mutate one or more residues within it?A bit like Scwrl4 perhaps, but applicable for coarse grain forcefields.

Many thanks

Robin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #4588 by Clement
Replied by Clement on topic Mutating residues in martini forcefield
What about... mutating the atomistic structure and re-generate an .itp for it? Just as fast...

• rcorey
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #4589 by rcorey
Replied by rcorey on topic Mutating residues in martini forcefield
Thanks for the response.

Yes - this is what I was going to try but isn't ideal; I want to convert an atomistic model to coarse grain, run a martini simulation, mutate a residue, run a new martini simulation, mutate another residue etc etc. I fear that going from atomistic to coarse grain to atomistic to coarse grain multiple times might lead to issues (especially as I'm trying to detect specific protein-lipid interactions).

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4590 by Clement
Replied by Clement on topic Mutating residues in martini forcefield
Why do you need to convert your CG structure to AA to get a new topology...? The topology of your protein isn't modified by your simulation. The topology of the mutated protein should be the same in each case; only the mutated residue would affect it a tidbit, locally.

I would recommend/advise generating your mutant topologies from your initial AA structure, the same you used to define your apo-topology; initial structure you mutate to taste, using the software you prefer. You can then add/remove manually a bead in the CG system if needed (add a bead to your conformation file, move it close to the mutated residue with VMD for instance), minimize again, and run. No need for gymnastics between CG and AA.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Clement.

• rcorey
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #4593 by rcorey
Replied by rcorey on topic Mutating residues in martini forcefield
Oh - I see what you mean. Generate a new .itp based on mutated-atomistic and use that with the coarse grain coordinates (+/- beads).

Yes, not thought of it like that. That should work fine.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds