unanswered HPMA polymer MARTINI parametrisation

• gmeleshko
  • gmeleshko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 5 months ago #1281 by gmeleshko
HPMA polymer MARTINI parametrisation was created by gmeleshko
Dear all,

I am Ph.D student in Cardiff University, currently on my 3'rd year of research on polymer modelling. I have managed to collect some data on all-atomistic level and now are going to build a coarse-grained model using MARTINI ff.

The problem is I am working with synthetic polymer - HPMA (N-2-Hydroxypropyl methacrylamide) and I am going to adopt it to DL_POLY software in future(GROMAX is better option, but all my analysis tools are written in dl_poly and I think it should be possible to set up).

So could you please help me and suggest the best way of doing it. I can start from setting it up and running on GROMAX to have a benchmark, but I am not sure about parameters. As far as I can see I can try to divide by 3 beads - C2, P3 and P2. Can I then use parameters from available ff parameter sets to construct .itp file for GROMAX?

Also if there is anyone who had an experience of setting MARTINI on dl_poly, please let me know, so I can ask advice on couple of things.

I have just started working with MARTINI and now going through examples. But haven't really found out parametresation root for non-biological proteins, so please excuse me if my questions are a bit silly. Thanks for your attention.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Regards,

Glib

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds