normal Reverse transformation for elnedyn model

• clavila
  • clavila's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #1381 by clavila
Dear all,
I was wondering if the protocol presented in the reverse_transformation tutorial also applies to CG models generated using ELNEDYN. My concern is that the mapping of the AA to CG beads might not be the same. I think the backbone bead in MARTINI maps to the center of mass of N, CA, C, O, while in ELNEDYN it maps to the coordinates of CA alone.
I am getting LINCS warning at each step of the SA in a CG->AA transformation of an ELNEDYN protein complex and I was wondering if this was the reason.
Cheers,
Cesar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1438 by xavier
Replied by xavier on topic Reverse transformation for elnedyn model
Hi, sorry for the delay in answering.

We have performed a few reserve transformations with the MARTINI force field coupled with ElNeDyn. The difference of the mapping of the Backbone you mention appeared not to be a problem.

The lincs warning were inevitable, they are inerrent to the atomistic force field. The NH group have very fast vibrations. Did you try to reduce the time step to 1 fs?

Did you fix your problem?

clavila wrote: Dear all,
I was wondering if the protocol presented in the reverse_transformation tutorial also applies to CG models generated using ELNEDYN. My concern is that the mapping of the AA to CG beads might not be the same. I think the backbone bead in MARTINI maps to the center of mass of N, CA, C, O, while in ELNEDYN it maps to the coordinates of CA alone.
I am getting LINCS warning at each step of the SA in a CG->AA transformation of an ELNEDYN protein complex and I was wondering if this was the reason.
Cheers,
Cesar

• clavila
  • clavila's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #1462 by clavila
Replied by clavila on topic Reverse transformation for elnedyn model
Hi Xavier,
thanks for your reply. You were right, using 1 fs timestep solved the problem. I still got some LINCS warnings from time to time, but the simulation was able to reach to the end.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1463 by xavier
Replied by xavier on topic Reverse transformation for elnedyn model
Cool, tks for reporting.

XAvier.

clavila wrote: Hi Xavier,
thanks for your reply. You were right, using 1 fs timestep solved the problem. I still got some LINCS warnings from time to time, but the simulation was able to reach to the end.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds